Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectIm Not Sure Where To Begin! (Cleaning Business)
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1244&mesg_id=1244
1244, Im Not Sure Where To Begin! (Cleaning Business)
Posted by cleaning, Thu Nov-06-08 01:50 AM
I have registered my cleaning business and got my insurance. I have owned a small business for 3 years before this( a gift basket biz)and I currently own another small business( it is like an entertainment agency)
Now, I am opening an office/residential cleaning business. I have read and heard so much that this type of biz can be what you make of it. My ex husband was a sales and marketing PRO!.. and I was fortunate to reap the benefits of learning from him when we were married.
I am getting a lot of people telling me that this business will not get me rich. I don't mind that either. I am fortunate enough to be able to pay most of my bills from my other business. I just want to make this succeed!
I am a work at home mom. My other biz is 24 hours. My husband and I have a toddler daughter. It is so much but I am determined to make this work. :)
So far, I have set up meetings with the local newspaper for an ad, as well as a leader in direct mail. That is my plan to target the homeowners as well as my husband will distribute flyers to homes in the community.
As for office cleaning sales, this is where I get nervous and worried. Im very familiar with meeting with the decision maker and closing the deal from the gift biz I had years ago. I am going to be closing the sales again with this business. I have a telephone script for appointment setting and I have even hired a college student to make the calls on the phone. Now my problem is this. . I read about bids and contracts and proposals. I dont know how to find information on how to deliver an effective cleaning presentation. Why would they want to use my company?How can I uncover the pain of the prospect in this situation? If there is no problem, then how can I provide the solution? I am afraid that cleaning is a ratrher non emotional subject-- that what would motivate a decison maker to change cleaning companies? I have a wonderful appontment setting script but havent actually tried it out yet. Can someone tell me what I should do? I just want to avoid looking like a total jerk on the appointment if Icannot answer their questions appropriately