Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Contract Sales -- no one wants to do this!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1239&mesg_id=1298
1298, RE: Contract Sales -- no one wants to do this!
Posted by bizconsultant, Tue Dec-30-08 05:24 AM
De, Even though this may sound like a services push..it is not. What you need in order to attract commision sales people is two very important things if you are not a well established company with sales territories...a) a USP - Unique Selling Proposition and b) Warm/Hot Leads for them to close.

The USP you can probably develop on your own but the warm/hot leads is something that you should focus on with whatever budget you can. Not advertising, but more direct methods of contacting prospects so that your salespeople have some incentive since they are not being paid hourly. You know the only reason why people (or the main reason) people get into car sales on a commision basis is because the lot has an advertising budget and a physical lcoation where prospects can come to. It makes it easier for them to feel assured that they have a chance of making a sale.

Hope this helps. If you need services along that line (USP development or warm/hot sales leads) feel free to contact me at ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net

>I'm looking for sales people in my area and have posted with
>the local work force commission.
>
>The problem is that I have to pay on a sales commission only.
>I offer 35% of the sale and spend every penny I get over that
>into advertising at the moment.
>
>My question is ....... Why doesn't anyone want to do this for
>me? I've had 247 people look at my job posting and 13
>inquires but no one has wanted to actually do it. I tell them
>they can work anytime any hours they want and the sky is the
>limit if they sell.
>
>I'm not a sales person and thought that I would hire someone
>else to do this job. But what now? I'm at a lost.... I'll
>start paying salary once I'm profitable, but for now all I can
>do is give a percentage.
>
>Has anyone had this problem? Why is this so hard?
>
>Thanks, Deb:(