Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: Marketing my products
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1214&mesg_id=1225
1225, RE: Marketing my products
Posted by oviedostyle, Wed Sep-24-08 06:35 PM
Yes, I would recommend a website, but you can use a cheap service like Freewebs.com, where they supply the template and all you really do is add copy and images/content. You can spend just $20-$50 a year at one of those places compared to a monthly fee of $10- $100's.

As far as marketing to Dr.'s and Salon's, I find the best marketing is still face to face. You can visit a place of business and ask to talk to the buyer, or if it is busy, leave a brochure/ catalog/ or postcard with your information/ website.

Also I would join a local networking group, because you will learn about different Salon's and Dr.'s.
If you don't have time to start a blog, you can approach bloggers or websites and offer to write articles for them, with a link to your site OR your name and occupation at the end of the article.

I use Freewebs for one of my sites, a directory for eco-conscious products & stores, www.findagreenstore.com
good luck

Leah Oviedo
Mercado del Mundo