Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectPaying to submit a press release
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1143
1143, Paying to submit a press release
Posted by salted, Fri Jul-18-08 07:24 AM
Hi All! I am getting ready to send out a press release and was wondering how beneficial it really is to pay to send out a press release. I guess I'm having a hard time believing that paying that money will actually increase the chances of someone writing about our release. I'd much rather go with the free ones, but then I don't really know where they are going to and if the recipient will actually do anything with it. Any tips would be appreciated :-)
1149, RE: Paying to submit a press release
Posted by Phanntom, Mon Jul-21-08 02:37 PM
If your press release is well written and interesting the chances of it being published because it's provided by someone you pay are only veeery slightly more likely. In many cases if the release isn't time sensitive it might languish on an editors desk for several months until they find they have space to fill.
Good luck
1158, RE: Paying to submit a press release
Posted by shabaletta1, Tue Jul-22-08 11:41 AM
I guess you're talking about paying for the online Press Releases. I never used the pay ones. I used a few of the free ones. I got 2 responses from people who read my Press releases. One was a person who had a blog radio talk show. That was a great hook up!
Good luck!
1164, RE: Paying to submit a press release
Posted by salted, Wed Jul-23-08 03:07 AM
Thanks for all your advice. I appreciate it!
1165, RE: Paying to submit a press release
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Jul-23-08 07:49 AM
If you're going to pay someone to issue your press release, ensure that they have a VERY valid release list and that they are hitting all of your local media sources AS well as AP AND all online sources.

Otherwise... do it yourself.

I have done both. I will pay when I want better exposure than that which I have the time to create or when I need to get the news out and haven't ANY time.

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
1185, RE: Paying to submit a press release
Posted by kkrie616, Thu Aug-07-08 10:49 PM
If you don't know how to draft a press release or remain unsure how to properly write keyword enriched press release copy for an audience of journalists than you will lower your chances of getting it published. In todays world press releases can live a long time on the internet, so if its drafted properly it will drive business to your website for months or years to come.

Kevin
Business Xposure
www.businessxposure.com