Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectMarketing Idea for Supervisor/Employee Training
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1102
1102, Marketing Idea for Supervisor/Employee Training
Posted by Scampbelly, Fri Jun-20-08 05:20 AM
Hi Everyone,

I'm looking for marketing ideas to assist my husband with his business. His company www.dlconsultantgroup.com specializes in Educational and Organizational change. His initial emphasis was in the area of Education but he has since developed a module to assist organizations with some of their unique challenges i.e. Supervisor/Employee Relations, Team Building and Sustaining Organizational effectiveness. I'm looking for ideas to approach business with this program.

Any suggestions you have are welcomed.

Sheila
1107, RE: Marketing Idea for Supervisor/Employee Training
Posted by Scampbelly, Tue Jun-24-08 05:45 AM
Anyone out there? We would really value your input.

Thanks,
Sheila
1109, RE: Marketing Idea for Supervisor/Employee Training
Posted by Pepperfire, Wed Jun-25-08 04:58 AM
I watched a news program just the other day about training employers to deal with the new MEMEME generation... not sure what they're calling them, but essentially they described these kids as twenty-somethings, entering the career market, in need of instant recognition and pay and if they don't get it, they're out of there. They don't care if they have 6 or 7 different jobs on their resume in a given year, but they do care that their job doesn't interfere with their social family life. Their mothers, even at the age of 25ish, are calling their bosses, commenting on their performance reviews, etc.

These are kids entering the job market with unfair expectations vis-a-vis their employers and are in need of being trained on how to work and dress and talk.

They mentioned an upstart company in the story that is a pair of twenty-somethings and that is the target of their efforts... the company and the "kids". So to speak. I got a kick out of it when the younger of the two brothers admitted that his mother had picked out his suit for the interview.

Anyway, I thought it was the weirdest phenomena, but having had 20-somethings come interview for an office job in jeans with unkempt hair, I can certainly see a niche for someone training both those young employees and their employers.

HTH

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
1110, RE: Marketing Idea for Supervisor/Employee Training
Posted by Scampbelly, Wed Jun-25-08 07:16 AM
Thanks so much Tina, I believe this information will really help us.

Sheila