Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: do you think mailing services works??
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1061&mesg_id=1135
1135, RE: do you think mailing services works??
Posted by ree4264, Wed Jul-09-08 12:48 PM
If you haven't done so, I would make sure I have a small ad in the Yellow Pages of my local phone book.

I would create a "boilerplate ad" to run on a regular basis in your local weekly shopper and an ad to run on week-ends in your local newspaper(s).

I would design a simple flyer to leave with small businesses touting your services and including testimonials from satisfied customers.

Although it can be expensive, you may eventually want to consider a coupon mailer like ValPak offering a discount on your services to prospective customers.

With advertising it is all about testing and testing and then repeating in those advertising vehicles that deliver the best response. It is a building process that requires a specified amount of upfront money in order for you to build a presence within your community.

Word of mouth is your best form of advertising and that will happen over time. In the meantime, start with a small plan, be patient and be consistent in your advertising efforts and watch your business grow.