Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameMarketing Mix
Topic subjectRE: PRICING: How effective is charging a high rate for 1-timers and a lower rate when paid on retainer?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=106&topic_id=1023&mesg_id=1024
1024, RE: PRICING: How effective is charging a high rate for 1-timers and a lower rate when paid on retainer?
Posted by michael0427, Sun Apr-27-08 02:11 PM
What is it you do? I think the general concept or principle of treating loyal customers better than 1-time clients is OK, but I simply think that means giving them priority, or giving them a bit of a volume discount off of your normal rate, not charging 1-timers way more and treating them like a nuisance or a waste of time. I have run a small business for 22 years, and we have a lot of high end contract clients, we give them priority service and a bit better pricing, but we treat everyone with respect and we don't RAISE the price to our walk-ins or 1-time clients. It sounds like she is giving her customers regular price for being on retainer and then charging way more if you are not. I think no matter what the client, treat them with respect and treat them fair and they will come back.

Michael