Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectAccepting credit cards for occasional payments
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=981
981, Accepting credit cards for occasional payments
Posted by elizajac, Thu Jun-21-12 04:15 AM
Just wondered if anyone has any suggestions for me--we are a consulting company and very tiny, with just 2 full time people. We have been asked by some of our clients if we can accept credit card payments. We've looked into it, but the fees are way too high to justify the cost for the number of times we'd need to use it. We have a PayPal account, but apparently most government entities (federal, state and local) can't use PayPal. Finding an affordable way to accept credit cards would expedite payments from the clients who have asked about it and cash flow is, as we all know, vital and challenging for any company. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.
983, RE: Accepting credit cards for occasional payments
Posted by bizdev, Fri Jun-22-12 04:25 PM
Your revenue from these clients would (should) greatly outweigh the fees. Look into Squareup.com. Super simple and fast to qualify and get set up.

You can assume you will lose plenty of clients if you refuse to accept credit cards.
984, RE: Accepting credit cards for occasional payments
Posted by elizajac, Fri Jun-22-12 05:55 PM
Thanks--I'll look at Squareup.com. I don't think we've lost any clients, but they have told us the payment process would be faster if we accepted cards.