Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectRE: Greetings From the Newbee
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=972&mesg_id=974
974, RE: Greetings From the Newbee
Posted by arrowfineart, Wed Apr-04-12 09:58 AM
Hello,

I completely understand where you're at. I recently opened a small business and experienced much of the same that you are now going through. After preparing a very detailed Business Plan (made possible with help from the Small Business Center of a local community college) I reached out to family and friends and friends of friends. Ultimately attaining most of what I needed.
If your business plan includes any flexibility I would start there - cut it down to the very basic minimum, especially if you already have 75%. I also used my credit cards to purchase initial inventory and although that was very a expensive way to start, it got me going...
Ive heard numerous times that banks, the SBA, or any "traditional" lending organizations will NOT lend to start-up businesses. I think it's true! Once opened you might have a better chance of getting some funding.
Sometimes Cities have a fund for small business initial start-up expenses. Check with your city...
Honestly, if you can overcome in this area and still open you'll probably do well once in business. It's a lot more than I ever imagined (especially in this economy!) and running a small business takes all kinds of savvy and ingenuity!