Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectFunding/New Customers
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=835
835, Funding/New Customers
Posted by capcom, Fri Nov-20-09 06:41 PM
I am looking for funding for new internet business. I make custom Swarovski jewelry but I am putting together a collection for a spring catalog.
Also, how do I get new customers? How do I get a mailing list?
Saraj
www.tiptopwebsite.com/captivatingcomponents
836, RE: Funding/New Customers
Posted by bizdev, Sat Nov-21-09 06:26 PM
For funding options look at the blog below.
To attract customers you need a much better looking website.
Get rid of the intro page.
The home page needs photos of the jewelry rather than a whole page of text.
The photos need to be much more professional and detailed. All you really see is shadows and no detail.
Your website company should have set up an email capture on your website to start building your mailing list.
875, RE: Funding/New Customers
Posted by blooming, Sat Apr-10-10 06:26 AM
you might want to try doing the in person selling to local businesses to get the money you need to market on-line, you might be surprised to get some valuable permanent customers by the local merchants that sell your product..such as shoe and bridal shops small floral shops etc...
Jean info@thebridalbiz.com
876, RE: Funding/New Customers
Posted by Roseb441702, Sat Apr-10-10 06:48 AM
Another avenue that you may want to to try is to try selling your jewelery on Ebay.com or Etsy.com

While there are funding programs out there to help people - especially women - start their own business - one of the main things that they require is for you to have and present a business plan to show that you are serious about what it is that you want to do.

Actually I just posted in my blog about how 4 Business Plans have won money to start their business from a Business Plan competition! Here is an excerpt from my blog post:

"A new business plan competition! has been announced which will feature $100,000 in cash prizes! The money is being provided by a financial services firm."

Also this site here - business owners idea cafe - also has a grant program for those wanting to start a business.

You could also look into investors. There are still some "angel" investors around but if I were you I would go more with the grants because when you have investors they will want a "piece" of your business so that means that you won't own your business completely.

Rose
Grant Basics 101
http://grantbasics101.blogspot.com