Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectGrow business on a shoestring budget
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=769
769, Grow business on a shoestring budget
Posted by geeksonline, Fri May-01-09 12:02 AM
I joined forces with a business partner and launched Geeks Online (a computer repair company) here in Australia. We both have decades of experience with computers, but neither of us had the financial backing as some other successful businesses which seem to advertise everywhere.

We believe we have a great point of difference by offering our services remotely (via the internet, we can log into peoples computers and fix their problems), which would appeal to many rural and remote areas who do not have local computer repair companies. Our biggest problem is finding the cash to get our business idea off the ground. We have looked at a number of options including banks, family, friends etc. but seem to be going no-where. It has been 6 months for us and we are "just surviving".

So, I guess what I am hoping for is some ideas on how we might grow the business by sourcing funding or other means.

Thanks in advance guys.