Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectNeed help and guidance
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=63&mesg_id=63
63, Need help and guidance
Posted by Sonny_P, Fri Oct-20-06 05:18 AM
Hello,

I have been trying to start up an internet business for the last week or so. It is really more of an internet service then it is business. That comes to my first question, does that still count as a business? I will be making money from the advertisments, and I am providing a service for people. If you would like to know more about it, feel free to email me.

Question number 2. Do the SBA provide and loans or grants for that type of business? And if so, does your credit score have anything to do with the decision?

I've been trying to get in contact with the Small Business Administration but it seems like they are alway out for lunch. A few years ago I lost my job and fell behind on alot of my credit cards. My credit went from being good to bad ;(

My plan is to try to get some investors to go along with this project and avoid the whole loan deal. How hard is it to get an angel investor and where can I find them? Is there a website where people like me can put our ideas on a "auction" and try to gain potential investors' attention? If not, someone should start one :+

This is my first post, hope it don't suck

Thank you,
Sonny