Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectRE: Tell me, would you invest?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=497&mesg_id=499
499, RE: Tell me, would you invest?
Posted by JeffMoore, Sat Mar-22-08 05:06 AM
This feedback will be direct - you deserve it:

I would not invest at this point.

> it is not an investment. there is no equity ownership here.

> who are you? what is your business plan? I have no idea who you
are and if you have the capability to do what you advertise.

> I'll think you'll turn people off by even using the term "invest" and then stating you'll offer a 40% discount. (it created a negative reaction in my mind) - there's alot of scams on the internet these days so people are wary.

> If I was providing money up front, I would expect a certain number of hours of work for free, and I would expect these hours to correspond to a significant discount over what I would be able to get if I paid for services from an established business with an established track record. this should include a specific number of online or print advertisements where you have done the research in advance to be able to predict the cost to ensure you have everything covered.

> By the way - your investment must be pretty small if you organize it properly. A basic home office setup? (PC, printer, website, etc.). OK maybe $5,000 to do it right.

On the positive side: you're hear asking for feedback so you clearly are looking for what will work and how to strick a win-win deal. I hope my feedback only encourages you to keep thinking - I do like your out-of-the box thinking to find creative ways to finance your startup.

I suggest you take a look at the webpage: http://www.smallbizexcel.com/SmallBusinessPrinciples.html. I'd appreciate your straightforward feedback as well - that's the only way we will learn, grow and be successful.

Keep pushing on and please take this as constructive feedback.

Jeff Moore
jeff@smallbizexcel.com
www.smallbizexcel.com