Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectUsing home equity line of credit to expand business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=384
384, Using home equity line of credit to expand business
Posted by jmharmony, Mon Sep-17-07 03:53 PM

Harmony

Hello

Do you think it is a good idea to use a home equity line of credit to expand business?
389, RE: Using home equity line of credit to expand business
Posted by csk317, Tue Sep-18-07 04:20 AM
Harmony,
With prime expected to be on a downward trend, this money will get cheaper as you use it. It tends to be easier to get these loans as compared to an SBA loan as well. I would just make sure that you have your costs down and set a payment plan to payoff the equity line. But with most being interest only required payments, you have access to more cash with a limited outward cash flow which is ideal. In addition, you can write off the interest that you are paying if it is your primary residence. Therefore, your real interest rate should be realistically close to half of what your note rate is. Not a bad option.

Best of luck-

chris
401, RE: Using home equity line of credit to expand business
Posted by Donna, Sun Sep-30-07 03:03 AM
If you have equity in your home, you may be able to obtain a business loan using the equity as collateral. This may be adventageous for bookkeeping, accounting purposes and tax purposes.

Do you have a specific equipment need or just working capital? If you'd share additional details about your business and financing needs, I may be able to assist you.

417, RE: Using home equity line of credit to expand business
Posted by ezcashrich, Mon Oct-15-07 05:49 AM
Why put your house up as collateral? That is very risky. Have you heard about Unsecured Business Lines of Credit? They are in your businesses name(don't effect personal credit) and don't require that you risk your home. I have some info if you need it.
Rich LaMonica
rlamonica@hsfgloans.com