Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameFinancial Feast
Topic subjectIdeas for start up funding..........not the greatest credit history
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=105&topic_id=305&mesg_id=305
305, Ideas for start up funding..........not the greatest credit history
Posted by findingdetails, Wed Jun-13-07 03:46 AM
Hello all.......

I have been racking my brain to come up with a business that I believe will work in a small area. I have finally come up with a service business that incorporates my previous clerical, management, and organization skills. I plan on offering a broad variety of services to start in order to determine where my largest niche market is, and then I will focus in on that. Because of living in a small rural community I believe that is my best option. I felt starting a service business would elimate having to have a large amount of start up investment.

Here is the problem...........I am currently working in a job that offers me absolutely NO potential to even fathom setting a side a little cash each week for a start up investment. So basically at this point in time I have no start up money to invest into my business. I know that continuing where I am at currently will only dig me in a deeper hole finacially, so realistically I have to get out. I have searched high and low for a job that would spring me forward but to no avail. I feel that starting my own business is my only REAL chance of making it finacially, and it has long been my passion to do so.

My credit history is far from favorable due to previous illness, and job changes. I need about $5000.00-$10,000.00 for start up for my business in order to purchase equipment, software, advertising, and start up expenses, in addition to allowing me a small cushion to get off and running. I want to pursue this full force once I am ready to move forward, but I lack the funds to do so and I am very limited on ideas for sources willing to finance a new business, especially when you consider my personal credit is rather lackluster. I am hoping someone can offer me some suggestions regarding this matter.

I am passionate about running my own business. Ideally, I would eventually like to own a larger scale business once this takes off and I can show a favorable business credit history and successful business history. I want to be able to offer employment opportunities to others and expand growth in my community. I have decided to start on a small scale to start in order to establish myself as a successful business owner and entrepreneur. Please offer me some advice or suggestion.

Thank you very much,

Tam