Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ingredients
Topic subjectStarting New Business Need Help!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=104&topic_id=296
296, Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by Fanecia C, Wed Nov-05-08 11:24 AM
Hello Everyone I will be starting a new small business. This will be a retail clothing store for Mens, womens, juniors and children's clothing and accessories. Brand names. I am not talented in the store fixtures or the set up of a retail store. I was needing to have custom set up in my store (ex: Fixed panel systems & Dry wall systems). My question is will I need to get a commercial interior designer for that or a contractor. I would like to have my store designed under budget. Thank you in return for your help!!
297, RE: Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by bizconsultant, Thu Nov-06-08 03:34 AM
Depending on what area you are in, I may be able to refer someone to you on a contractor basis. email me at ajones@abcsolutions.cjb.net
298, RE: Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by jswank02, Fri Nov-07-08 05:26 PM
With the current economic situation I would look at the newspapers for businesses selling their fixtures because they are going out of business. Hire a good but inexpensive contractor. Before you affix anything to any walls work with your township building code group. If you go to them first they are always helpful in helping you create a safe store.

Hope this helps.

Joanna Swank
Marketable Concepts
jswank@marketableconcepts.com
www.marketableconcepts.com

November Sales Special - 99 for 2009 - go to http://www.jswank.com/november.html for these great marketng and business plan deals.
300, RE: Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by Robert Platvoet, Wed Nov-12-08 10:12 AM
Do you plan on going online?
302, RE: Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by Mira Inc, Wed Nov-19-08 05:40 AM
I agree with the other post regarding finding used fixtures. Steve & Barry's stores are closing down, if you are near one, they will probably be auctioning off their fixtures.

Typically, you will need a Certificate of Occupancy from your local municipality before opening. Talk to your local codes administrator for their rules regarding permits, etc.

I have contacts in the fixture industry from used to high end and can help you if you don't have the time. Also, when the time comes for signage, look me up. We have an on-line quoting service for signs. If you need help with design, we can do that, too.

Ehren Koelsch
Mira, Inc.
www.miradisplay.com
www.2009promocalendar.com
304, RE: Starting New Business Need Help!!
Posted by bizdev, Thu Dec-04-08 08:16 AM
You can also try to locate local used store fixture outlets. They will also have folks on staff that will design and install the fixtures for you.

Or to save even more money, you can do it yourself. It's not that difficult to install and you can experiment with layouts. You will likely be constantly changing the layout anyway. When I had a retail store I set up my racking with help from family and friends.

Sylvia
http://smallbusinessstartup.biz
Startup & Biz Plan Help