Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectContemplating An Art Print Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=991
991, Contemplating An Art Print Business
Posted by jd59, Wed Mar-28-07 10:11 AM
Hello. I am a former freelance artist with a collection of original wildlife paintings. Presently, I can no longer create new art work, since I have lost most of my vision from an eye disease called Retinitis Pigmentosa. For a number of years, I have been considering an internet based business that would allow me to promote and sell affordable, high-quality, professionally matted reproductions of my art.
I have considered many details of moving forward with this venture, such as testing for marketability, reproduction/packaging services, business loans and advertising.

Can anyone suggest some ?low-cost ideas? as a means of ?testing the marketability? of my artwork? Ideally, it would be great to hear from someone with an established art-oriented business who would like to share some tips as to how they were able to gain exposure, perhaps, via another reputable art-based web site.

I realize my business idea may not be the most enticing, since I can no longer produce new pieces. However, any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
John