Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: How do you feel about life & business coaching?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=967&mesg_id=1427
1427, RE: How do you feel about life & business coaching?
Posted by corrieann67, Sat Jul-14-07 06:05 PM
This will be quick. For coaching I would recommend that you find your niche immediately. What are you most comfortable coaching individuals on? That should be the focus initially. See how it goes and then go from there. Also, find a certification program (check out the International Coaching Federations site for orgs that do this and are accredited). Even if you don't get full certification, the introductory training will help you with clients.

I am a coach and have been for several years. I started out as a career coach and now I am a holistic wellness coach. In all my years of coaching I have met one-on-one with clients physically with me twice, and that was only because they were in the area and wanted to meet me in person. All of my coaching happens over the phone with follow-up via email. You can live anywhere and do that, right? I now live in the Los Angeles area but I am making plans now of moving to a town of 11,000 in New Mexico - and I'll keep all of my clients and contact list. The only thing that will change is my physical location.

Good luck!
Corrie