Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: New Idea. Do you think it would be a good one?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=930&mesg_id=990
990, RE: New Idea. Do you think it would be a good one?
Posted by mktgideablog, Wed Mar-28-07 06:40 AM
Cinda, your idea is very compassionate! I wonder if perhaps you could focus your marketing not on the "too busy to visit Grandma" angle... which might make some potential clients uncomfortable... but instead on a specific activity you would be paid to do on your visit such as reading to the elderly.

When my grandmother was in a nursing home, I visited her every week (she was very close by) and felt guilty about not doing it more often. If someone had said to me, "Don't have time to visit Granny? Let me do it on your behalf" - I would have denied that I was 'too busy' and would have made a self-promise to do it more often myself... and then, failing at that, would feel even worse. BUT - if someone had come to me and said, "I provide reading services to the elderly. Would you like me to stop by and read a magazine with your grandmother every week?" I think I might've felt better about the opportunity and might've been willing to pay for the service.

You will also want to have a discussion with the Director of the nursing home about your services, because chances are they will not give you their client list for marketing purposes. But, they could still be helpful in making your printed materials available to clients at the front desk or something like that.

Good luck - your heart is in the right place!