Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWhich way should I go?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=902
902, Which way should I go?
Posted by Dizzy, Wed Mar-14-07 07:28 AM
I am looking into becoming a Virtual Assistant. I know I can do the work but my quandry is whether I should start out on my own or become part of a Virtual Assistant Staffing group? What is involved in starting form scratch? Besides the usual registering for business name and tax id, what type of insurance would I need and does anyone have an idea on the cost. I am located in NJ if that makes a difference to anyone giving advice.

Any VA's out there with advice?

909, RE: Which way should I go?
Posted by Cam, Thu Mar-15-07 03:19 PM
Hello,

I was also looking into becoming a virtual assistant about a year ago and found that the hardest part is finding customers who trust you to deliver a good product. I would suggest joining a VA staffing group to get regular clients who are pleased with your service. Once you build that client base, you can branch off on your own. This will also give you the experience of coordinating your projects and the time it takes for certain projects to better determine pricing. Once you are ready to start your practice, just register your business name with your state, build a website displaying your prices and services, and go from there.

Cameo D. Hoey
Founder
www.hipmamaclub.com