Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectbirthday parties business idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=877
877, birthday parties business idea
Posted by kejsh, Thu Mar-08-07 11:20 AM
My neighbor and I have an idea to start a local business that hosts birthday parties particularly little girl princess themed parties.
Any ideas on what issues might lurk out there? Such as liability insurance, etc.
Thanks,
Jane
880, RE: birthday parties business idea
Posted by jerky4free, Sat Mar-10-07 10:17 AM
Hey Jane,
My Mom and I use to run this sort of business (actually we just stopped about 6 months or so ago) Now don't think...oh my they stopped...how come? Simply put, we just had too many things going at one time and something had to go. I really loved it though and would be glad to answer any questions you might have, we even have some of our costumes left and odds and ends of things that I just haven't got around to selling yet that you may be interested in.
Are you thinking of going to the persons home or renting a space? We went to their home, offered a "you host it" or "we host it" We had several themes (boys and girls since I had both and both sexes were really popular). Oh just typing about it makes me miss it! Anyways the only thing that I can think of that we couldn't do cause of licence issues was bring in unpackaged food. I mean we could supply food and the cake to make it a complete "no hassle" party for the parent, but it had to come from a store. Now I don't know if your state is different, but something to think about. Anywho, ask away!!

Laura:P
887, RE: birthday parties business idea
Posted by kejsh, Sun Mar-11-07 06:51 AM
Dear Laura,
Thanks for the reply. We are thinking of renting a space for the business. I had thought of hosting parties at peoples homes as a way to test out the business idea without getting into the expense of renting a spot. However, I know from talking with various parents that they love the idea of having a party someplace else and not having to worry about their own home. Any thoughts on that?
We will have to look into the food issue, as we were thinking of offering all food (including homemade cakes) as part of the package.
What kinds of stuff do you have for sale?
Jane
890, RE: birthday parties business idea
Posted by jerky4free, Mon Mar-12-07 03:17 AM
My first thought on that is just do a budget, do a budget do a buget LOL! We had really wanted a place to host it, but we saw the two businesses around here go under and I think it was just from not doing the math. I mean you would have to charge so much more when you have your own building just to break even. But on the up side having a place to host it at would just be great cause you could have the rooms designated for certain themes and not have to take them down. You would have a place to store all the items and you wouldn't have to travel with all the things. So if you could keep your head above the red I would definately go for it, but other than that I can't think of any down falls for the site itself.
As for things I have, I would have to look what is left and grab out my pictures so you can see. You can email me if you want and I will get those to you.
financialfreedomfamily.@cox.net
Laura
:P