Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=83&mesg_id=106
106, RE: CAN SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!
Posted by theresavevans, Thu Aug-31-06 04:35 PM
Actually I did that last year. I took a big loss putting what I could into supplies and gas. I found that down here in Georgia people want to pay Maria $50.00 to clean a 5 bedroom mansion. Thos who were more reasonable pricewise were just not serious. I had one man who was serious about it and REALLY needed it. The house was big and beautiful, but it was also a big mess because niether he, his wife, or daughter wanted to clean. The problem was his wife kept canceling the appointments and telling me they would call if they needed me. I even tried doing it with the elderly who really need it but most of them would say they needed me but then gave me the run around. I wasted so much time and gas that it was not at all worth it. I could not keep up with my insurance payments anymore and had to cancel it. I gave it a year and then had to call it quits because I was broke. Cleaning homes is physical work and I have a family too. I should not have to sell myself so short that I' spending more than I'm making. Now I want to try doing something where I don't have to really leave home.