Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNew business idea. Need feedback
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=823
823, New business idea. Need feedback
Posted by kwright4576, Tue Feb-27-07 12:25 PM
Looking to start a delivery and pick-up company. Anywhere from letters to packages, to people and equipment. Even going shopping for the elderly and disabled. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks
828, RE: New business idea. Need feedback
Posted by omarborrego, Wed Feb-28-07 07:52 AM
Congrats on seeking business ownership. I'd be concerned with covering too many services. What is your true niche? What will your company be known for? Your business idea seems to cover a broad range of services. I think you need to analyze the competitors out there and find what adavantage your business has over them. You may want to start with one core service, and then branch out.

I was in your shoes years ago. It just seemed liked there were too many options out there. I ended up finding comfort in franchise ownership. Why re-invent the wheel? I bought into the idea of "Going into business for yourself, but not by yourself". Have you ever considered owning a franchise. There are some franchises that cover the type of business you are discovering. We can chat about a few of them.

Omar Borrego
Legacy Franchise Consulting, Inc.
www.legacyfranchiseconsulting.com
(972) 377-6500
omar@legacyfranchiseconsulting.com
853, RE: New business idea. Need feedback
Posted by jerky4free, Sat Mar-03-07 12:14 PM
I like the elderly idea. Having a Grandma in a retirement apt she doesn't drive and is always complaining that her complex doesn't take them to enough places. Maybe you can hook up with a few and have sign up sheets for regular trip and calling you for individual stuff (like a taxi, but more personal)
Just write it all out and think it through!

Laura:P