Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: i need help to find and start a small business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=818&mesg_id=840
840, RE: i need help to find and start a small business
Posted by DBeavers, Wed Feb-28-07 08:06 PM
>Ron,
>
>My service is free as well. I speak to individuals all the
>time about franchise ownership. There are roughly 2500
>different franchises out there. I think there is a franchise
>out there for everyone. The key is to analyze your short and
>long term goals. Find out what you like and dislike. Find
>out what you can afford. Huge monetary success will not
>happen over night. You need to have realistic expectations
>and keep working towards that long term goal.
>
>This is how I consult my clients. We analyze all these
>factors and try to find a franchise that addresses their
>goals.

Hello Omar,

What about those clients who aren't suited to a franchise? What do you suggest for them? Not every has the money to buy-in on a franchise, as well as additional capital for setting up the business according to the franchise rules. Just the buy-in can be $10K to $500K, before the building rental, equipment, vehicle(s) if required, inventory, etc.

You could look into the B2B sales opportunity offered by Kaeser & Blair, Inc. This family-owned and operated business is over 110 years old. And they don't charge anyone for the privilege of selling for them.

I have been selling for them as an Independent Agent for the past 13 years, so have first hand knowledge of the company and the management. In those 13 years, they have only changed policies that made it better for the dealers. At the same time, their sales volume of promotional advertising products has grown from approximately $20 Million to over $76 Million - all by their self-employed dealers.

You might find a dozen or more clients you just couldn't recommend a franchise for (or who rejected your suggestion) over the past month or so. Why not consider an alternative.

The only problem I see for you is that because the opportunity is free, there's no franchise fee that you can get a percentage. Even 100% of zero is zero.

Dennis