Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNeed some help figuring out what to do...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=777
777, Need some help figuring out what to do...
Posted by Starrweaver, Tue Mar-13-07 11:39 AM
I'm visually impaired and my sight is getting worse, but I need some way to make some additional income for my family. I've been an artist and writer since a small child and was wondering if I could use these talents to some advantage.

I'm skilled at making simple web designs too. I've been told for years I should write a book. Could I also create unique designs to put on items for sale? Or make greeting cards?

I'm also rather outspoken and have written some rants and stuff on my Yahoo 360 blog that's gotten some feedback. Could I make a site that offers reviews, information and opinions? Could that become profitable in some way? I've got ideas, just nothing solid to move forward with yet.

I could use some advice, any feed back would be appreciated on this.

Thanks

Starr
778, RE: Need some help figuring out what to do...
Posted by Pepperfire, Fri Feb-16-07 07:37 AM
What a fantastic key figure for launching a business who specializes in the Niche market of creating web sites for the visually challenged.

If the sight challenge is as you say getting worse, you might want to look into podcasting. It's the audio wave in blogging.

Good luck to you.

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!
799, RE: Need some help figuring out what to do...
Posted by Roseb441702, Thu Feb-22-07 08:58 PM
You might also want to consider using Adsense (although I'm not sure that you could use it on a Yahoo blog - but you can use it on a Blogger blog)

All the ideas that you mentioned sound like very viable business ventures. You also mention selling stuff and hopefully you know about Ebay. Lots of people have started their own business selling things on Ebay. They expand on it by going out to flea markets and stuff and finding other things to sell on Ebay and others increase their business more by having gained a reputation where buyers seek them out specifically when they are looking for certain items to buy.

There are a lot of legitimate articles online about different ways to earn money with your blog (or website)
814, Deleted message
Posted by threeesixteen, Sun Feb-25-07 06:30 PM
No message