Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subject HELP......Starting A Children's Theme Party Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=733&mesg_id=733
733, HELP......Starting A Children's Theme Party Business
Posted by kidsmommy, Fri Feb-02-07 12:18 PM
Hi there,
I am trying to start a children's theme party business but I just do not have the money right now. After seven and a half years of marriage and being a WAHM, my husband came home from his second deployment and decided that he no longer wanted to be married. I had to quickly find a job and support my 3 children. I am a single mother who wants to live out my dream of owning my own business. I have always enjoyed coordinating and hosting dinner parties and of course my children's birthday parties.
I have had so many compliments on my children's parties that I figured why not do this as a business and profit from something that I LOVE doing? I am just limited in funds, and I will not do a "rinky-dinky" party, now I am not grand scale yet, but I take so much pride in what I do. I feel as though "entertaining" is a gift that I've been blessed with. Does anyone have any ideas about how I can get this biz started?
My middle daughter's b-day is next Saturday, and I am planning to give her a Spa-day party. I am hoping that the others' parents will be impressed and ask me to do their child's next party. I will go to the parent's home, set up, entertain for a 2-hour party and clean up. I am also hoping to eventually offer kits and instructions for parents to rent. I am planning to create business cards to attach to the take home gifts. Any advise would be greatly appreciated.