Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectwhat to do?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=718
718, what to do?
Posted by adleta9, Wed Jan-31-07 09:10 PM
I have several things I am interested in doing but how I want
to do it seems tacky to me. I love decorating homes but decorators
are not in high demand in DFW, so I decided to be a event planner,
which includes planning parties, weddings, special events, etc.
I want a restaurant but decided to convert that idea into catering
for the events, but if no events are taking place then we would operate as a restarant/ bar and all this would take place in 1 building/location.From the research I've done it seems like all my plans are do-able without a big loan if I lease the building and equipment. Does this sound like a tacky idea or a $$$ idea. Any advice would be appreciated.
732, RE: what to do?
Posted by 1kellikw, Fri Feb-02-07 10:15 AM
Erica, You say that you want to cater but if there are no events, you'd operate as a restaurant. I don't think you could shut down the restaurant if you had an event and I think you'd want to do both. My ex-sil owns an upscale bistro/bar, has wine & cheese tastings and also caters. She caters to developers of new home developments, has sponsored business/network meetings that she is affiliated with as well as allows corp. parties/showers to come during times that they are closed. If you're not really interested in operating a restaurant, a big undertaking, then offer catering and within the same place offer a meeting place for business executives (you could provide all the meals/snacks/coffee, etc.