Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: summer camp
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=682&mesg_id=734
734, RE: summer camp
Posted by 1kellikw, Fri Feb-02-07 01:02 PM
I love the idea of kids camp...have often thought of it myself. I am a homeschooling mother of 2 (K & 1st) and last year they attended a weeklong camp for $75/1st child, $50/each addl child. An itinery was created so that parents knew what the kids would be doing all day (it was 10am-3pm or 4pm. Lunch was to be brought by the children. Snacks provided by the director. It was held in a room of a homeschool retail store (so obviously there was already insurance) and directed by a lady involved with a co-op. There was no theme to this weeklong camp. I think if you want to take it step farther as I had wanted...create a theme week for multiple summer camps and even throughout the school year for homeschoolers looking for enrichment classes. Themes such as Egypt, Planets, Arts/Crafts, any Science, Pioneer days with volunteers to show the kids how to make soap or blacksmithing...I have tons of ideas, just scared to do it! I'm a bookkeeper responsible for company finances and I'm scared to do camp...go figure. Email me if you want to discuss ideas. What city are you in?