Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Wedding Gown Rental Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=681&mesg_id=691
691, RE: Wedding Gown Rental Business
Posted by Roseb441702, Sat Jan-27-07 01:04 PM
>Hello all! This is my first post! I am searching for
>information on starting a wedding gown rental business. Any
>ideas or help would be helpful.
>Thanks in advance!

Well there are some questions to be asked. Are you talking about operating out of a store front or are you going to start it out of your house - of which you have to be careful about because you will have to check your area's zoning laws.

What I like to tell clients is to look at it from the end first. That means how do you want your business to be? So that would be my first piece of advice. The second is that you can find information about almost anything on the Internet because it is one great big library!

I think starting almost any kind of business is a great idea and you may want to think about branching out - meaning not just renting wedding dresses but all the things that go with it. How many brides to be would like having more than one service available at just one place?

If you're going for having an actual physical store then you will have costs (expenses) to consider. Are you starting with any money? If not you may have to start on a smaller scale - but that just gives you the opportunity to grow.

So there are some of the questions you have to answer - at least at the start.