Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectSaturated Industry - What can I do Different?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=634&mesg_id=634
634, Saturated Industry - What can I do Different?
Posted by Recruit_4_U, Wed Jan-17-07 05:32 PM
Hello Everyone I am new to the board and wanted to see if I could get some feedback.

The business industry I am talking about is the staffing industry. I currrently work in this industry but have been thinking alot about going it on my own, but there are so many headhunters/recruiters/agencies out there that are recruiting for companies that I don't even know how a new and of course one maned small, unknown business would even begin to penetrate the market.

My actual idea is to cater to small businesses, since they may not be able to pay the big agency fees but they just like any other business eventually need to hire employees be it temp or permanent and they need someone affordable, knowledgeable and experienced in this area to do so.

So again my question to you is, how would I penetrate this market? Right now this is just a thought, no company yet I want to make sure that when I start I start off right and with pending clients.

Should I be surveying small businesses in the meantime? What suggestions, ideas or thoughts do you have on this point. Any and all help is welcome.