Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Looking for advice
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=622&mesg_id=641
641, RE: Looking for advice
Posted by bjorkk1, Fri Jan-19-07 01:36 PM
I mean selling ads to local businesses, I am offering savings for three types of sponsors, What I mean is they will receive the whole package for one low price such as full page ad, 1/16 page ad banner on our homepage, banner on our listing page, logo on our cover of the publication, full article writte on them etc.

It is a paper for college students. Our town has a bad reputation from yellow journalism so we are trying to enhance the perception of the town as well as try to get the students to patronize the local businesses. We are going to offer history of the town, recreational activities, local yellow page directory, services to utilize while being in college. It is basically a bridge to connect the Universit and the town.

The bad rep came from a news story calling the town Heroin town. It was far fetched and distorted quite a bit, and the town has made plenty of moves to clean the city up. We want to show the students of all the good things about the town, for example there are lots of Arts and Theater buildings that are not being utilized, primarily because the students do not know about them.

We have started it and are almost completed, but now we are looking to at least cover the cost of the publication for the first introductory one.