Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectADVICE-starting a clothiing brand and opening a retail store
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=5907&mesg_id=5907
5907, ADVICE-starting a clothiing brand and opening a retail store
Posted by Zourianposture, Thu Dec-29-16 12:39 PM
First, I appreciate ANY information anyone leaves for me.

I have just wrapped up over a year of research,survey's and other hands-on test to determine the market for my targeted potenital customers and my business idea. I am right now very confused on what road to take on first.

My ultimate goal is to have a retail store that carries everything under my own brand.

I guess my question is " how would I take on starting a company just like victoria's secret?.. out of all the researching I have done to try and figure out some of the first steps to how they more in-depth launched victorias secret. I only was able to see that in one of thier first cataloge's, victorias secret was selling merchandise from other designers.

Does a inspiring start-up company like Victorias secret design a full line of merchandise and products first then go get a retail space.?

Thank you for taking your time and reading,

I am open to any advice or insight that someone might have..

I am also open to maybe taking on a business partner.

or

Does the inspiring company get the retail space, fill it with alike merchandise already designed an made. Then develop its own brand in merchandise and product line in the mean time with the profits made from the retail store and then just branch off the alikes slowly and then fill my retail space with all my branded merchandise..?

I am getting a little confused at the point that Im trying to provide a service where my customers are able to have a one stop shop for a certain catagory of merchandise. But, I also want to build a brand off the service that I will be offering.