Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: I need your insight...Please help!!!!!!!!
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=552&mesg_id=566
566, RE: I need your insight...Please help!!!!!!!!
Posted by DBeavers, Mon Jan-01-07 07:29 AM
Robert,

Much like doctors who build thriving practices by focusing on just one area or specialty, I prefer to keep my marketing business focus on just promotional advertising. Every radio & TV station has multiple account reps in my medium-size market. The newspapers, local magazines, and billboard companaies also have numerous salespeople on their staff. If that isn't enough, there are several local and regional advertising agencies and PR firms producins and placing commercials with the same media.

I'm in direct competition for some of the same marketing dollars, but don't compete directly when I'm supplying my clients with coffee mugs, calendars, caps, pens, golf balls, embroidered caps, shirts and jackets. Many of my customers have been doing business with me for 10 to 22 years, so I don't have to go out on cold-calls every weeks.

Rather than trying to become an "All-in-1" marketing firm, it may be easier to gain market share by focusing on becoming the best in just one or two of those areas.

It works for me.

Dennis