Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectInput...
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=536&mesg_id=536
536, Input...
Posted by regbert, Thu Dec-21-06 09:59 AM
I have a MA in educational processes and taught for several years (loved it, was great at it) before becoming a stay-at-home mom. My husband has been in the broadcast/media field as (among other things) a computer animator, senior producer, and is currently a DVD author which he finds both unchallenging and unfulfilling. We are interested in making a new line of baby/toddler videos (think Baby Einstein. We know we can make them better. I had a hard time finding something for my toddler to watch (for a SHORT time--not all day like some parents allow!). I'm interested in promoting vocabulary in a visual/ broadcast manner. (A type of baby's first dictionary where the item is shown with the word, but done with pictures, real people and many words and sentences.) I believe we have a good idea and know we can make it with top of the line quality. (Baby Einstein has recently come out with FIRST WORDS DVDs--another confirmation to me that the concept is sound.) Any input on this? How would I go about promoting this after it's made? Does anyone know of DVD selling techniques? A book on the subject? It sounds like it is a tough (and expensive) market. I'd greatly appreciate any input. Thanks.