Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWant to start a business, but need help deciding what business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=5214
5214, Want to start a business, but need help deciding what business
Posted by NJBiz77, Sun Dec-28-14 03:04 PM
I have always wanted to have my own business, but I think I need some help in brainstorming for an idea.

A little about me:
I have about 25 years of experience as an accountant - corporate not public. I am not a CPA. I also worked for 5 years as a computer programmer, working on accounting software, but that was over 10 years ago. I'm a dinosaur by tech standards. I liked the computer work, but not necessarily the accounting.

I enjoy exercising (walking, weight training, Pilates/Yoga), but don't want to make that a career.

I also like crafts (knitting, crocheting, needlepoint), taking art classes (I'm a beginner at best), and reading. A lot of my non-fiction reading is related to health and nutrition topics.

I prefer to work alone. I wouldn't want to have a lot of public contact. Sales is really not my thing, although I do understand that any business entails selling to some degree. I am terrified of public speaking so teaching/training is out. Ideally, I would like to be able to do most of my work from home.

I like learning new things so if I needed to take some classes it would not be a problem.

Hope to get some ideas from the group. Thanks.