Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAdvertising for local businesses
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=5173&mesg_id=5174
5174, Advertising for local businesses
Posted by David@ZeroZen, Mon Nov-03-14 01:44 PM
Hey there!

One thing you want to think about is this - "would my idea be a no brainer for businesses that take advertising seriously?"

If a company could pass on your advertising options, then refine it. There are tons of local advertising options out there, but there is only one or two that have the market share. These ideas are normally low cost, high impact, and low maintenance for the advertising company (like yours).

My honest assessment - you have too many moving parts.

Think about this - If I had an advertising company that printed ads on cardboard coasters and then built relationships with local bars to give coasters for free, I can get a business in front of more people in a shorter amount of time, at a lower cost than your bike flag combination could ever achieve. The greatest thing, I can run it passively. Find a low cost trade printer that will print on coasters, give the business the option of how many coasters they want to print, and add 100% to the cost as a markup.

The bars would love it because they don't have to pay for coasters anymore, the companies do.

Each coaster probably costs less than 15 cents and if they get a single sale from 10 coasters, they have more than likely paid for a third of the coast advertising cost anyways.

Hope this helps you think about things in a new light.