Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWindow Cleaning Business
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=5014
5014, Window Cleaning Business
Posted by Eagles1410, Mon Sep-16-13 01:22 AM
I am looking at getting into to the Residential and small business Window Cleaning Business. I am looking for feedback as to whether this is a viable business idea. The business locations would typically be strip center locations or single story facilities. I have done some research and it seems viable, but of course, some of the researched sites are either selling a book or ?system?. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated. I am looking at this as part-time venture to start.
5018, RE: Window Cleaning Business
Posted by lari, Mon Sep-02-13 03:03 AM
yes and no. most small businesses now are strapped for cash flow so they are doing the little jobs their selves or if they have employees they are using them in to do this as make work jobs. the other small frachised businesses are contracted out. This would depend on where you are planning to open your business. Is it where there is high employment? If so the customer traffic flow might warrent this. If not then it would require more in transportation than the job would pay. But There is something you could add to this. Most seniors need help with windows walls and floors. Add that to the mix and also if you go into homes, present a factual background check and insurance.
But there is one more absolute that you must remember if you expect a business to grow. Keep careful records and if you cheat the tax man you will end up cheating yourself of the records that prove your ability.
5022, RE: Window Cleaning Business
Posted by Eagles1410, Tue Sep-03-13 04:14 AM
Thank you for the feedback. I am looking at a mix of residential and commercial customers. The senior idea is really interesting. I am in a suburb of Dallas and the employment rate is actually fairly decent, but it could always be better. Thanks
5024, Deleted message
Posted by partyprod201, Thu Sep-05-13 09:34 PM
No message