Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectBusiness Idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4977
4977, Business Idea
Posted by abauman07, Mon Apr-28-14 05:06 AM
Maybe someone can give me some insight...

I, myself, am a Plus size woman. I'm not talking about plus size that you would find in typical boutiques (size 26/28 max) but along the lines of what you would find at stores such as Catherine's (up to size 34). Needless to say, it's very frustrating to find the more trendier styles in those larger sizes (including lingerie). After researching some of the extended size storefronts, I have found the following:
1) the styles are "older" - more appropriate for the middle aged and conservative women
2) the pricing for these clothes are outrageous! I'm sorry, but I have a big issue with paying $200-$400 for a dress or $30-$50 for a shirt.

Ok...here's where my idea comes in. I want to start an extended size boutique to include lingerie with more reasonable prices.

I am still in the planning phases so there's no immediate need to open. I want to get all my duckies in a row.

Any thoughts?
5059, RE: Business Idea
Posted by millionsidea, Thu Oct-17-13 06:33 PM
HI! I am new to the cafe, but I love your idea! I say go for it! I also have a somewhat similar idea to start a plus-sized brassiere boutique. I am the bustiest woman in my immediate family and yes, the cost of quality undergarments can be RIDICULOUS. It would be amazing if you were to extend these services to the "southern" states!! Also, one of the things that I discovered that works for finding out if your idea will actually "sell", is to do focus groups and questionnaires.:D
5108, RE: Business Idea
Posted by kashifqayyum, Fri Feb-21-14 07:46 AM
>HI! I am new to the cafe, but I love your idea! I say go for
>it! I also have a somewhat similar idea to start a plus-sized
>brassiere boutique. I am the bustiest woman in my immediate
>family and yes, the cost of quality undergarments can be
>RIDICULOUS. It would be amazing if you were to extend these
>services to the "southern" states!! Also, one of the
>things that I discovered that works for finding out if your
>idea will actually "sell", is to do focus groups and
>questionnaires.:D

Hi i am manufacturing clothing like Tees , Polos , denim pants , twill pants , panties (undergarments)
i really like this idea to manufacture for plus size people
i am willing to have inquiry from you pls advise if you are still interested , pls drop me an email

Kashifqayyum01@gmail.com
miankashif001@gmail.com
0092 300 4924757
5109, Deleted message
Posted by kashifqayyum, Fri Feb-21-14 07:47 AM
No message