Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNeed Help! Looking for a challenge?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4917&mesg_id=4917
4917, Need Help! Looking for a challenge?
Posted by detchic, Fri Nov-23-12 11:37 AM
Hello! I want to start a type of food product business that involves conjoining two food products that are commonly used together, but I?ve hit a roadblock. Because I am not cook, and don?t intend on making any products on my own, I?m not sure how I can go about getting the food item.

I?ll give an example: ketchup and mustard are two condiments that are used together, and I therefore want to start selling ketchup and mustard packets (i.e. in separate packets but the two packs are attached.) However, I don?t specialize in making ketchup or mustard. Would I research local businesses companies and find who specializes in producing ketchup (or mustard) and create a contract with them in order to purchase their product in bulk? Or, is it absolutely necessary that I should try developing my own recipe for ketchup and mustard?

I know this sounds crazy (it?s quite hilarious to re-read what I wrote) but I?d truly appreciate any help. Thanks!