Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAsking for ideas on starting online business....
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4912
4912, Asking for ideas on starting online business....
Posted by GIRLinCALI, Sun Nov-18-12 10:45 PM
I have the ability to find just about any resource on the cheap or free. For example, a friend needed heart surgery and had no medical insurance. So, I found 3 resources, one of which paid for his surgery. I know someone else who lives in an area where DSL is not offered. I found a resource where they have completely free dial up internet. Still use it today. I know of way to have your utility bill paid for once a year per household. I think you get the idea.

A few people I know think I should start my own online business where my resourcefulness would make a profit. But how? How much would I charge. I have thought of a name-Internet Information Concierge-or something along those lines. An extremely successful online marketer/network owner told me that the competition for this niche is nil. He thinks it's a great idea. Here is where I am stumped. How would I present what I offer and what would I charge. Looking for creative ideas. Thanks-in-advance,

Sincerely,

Crysta
4922, RE: Asking for ideas on starting online business....
Posted by ColWal, Sun Dec-09-12 05:08 PM
Hi Crysta,

I think that is a great idea, and I like the name. You may want to try the Small Business Assoc.
http://www.sba.gov/content/small-business-development-centers-sbdcs
or the SBDC
http://www.nyssbdc.org/centers/centers.aspx?centid=22
they have a lot of good information on their sites
4923, RE: Asking for ideas on starting online business....
Posted by Wallandall3, Fri Jan-11-13 03:07 AM
Have you looked at eLance ? I think you'd be a great resource on their site and it's pretty easy to get started.

Also, set up a free landing page for yourself online and share your site address here in case folks at idea cafe could use you. Keep it simple and at least you're reachable online.

No time like the present to "just do it" and you can start by charging the equivalent of an hourly rate. Depending on how long you think your search will take, you can charge $10 per search (that's a starting hourly rate for some). If you have to vet the data, then you'll be providing a more analytical service so consider $25+ (again based on your estimate of how long you might spend on the project).

The rates I suggested are just guesses on my part based on a reasonable hourly rate for this kind of work. You'll know when to charge more (or less) based on level of effort and expertise required to complete the assignment.

Weebly.com is an awesome website design site and it's free.

I can think of ways to put you to work -- I'm not ready at the moment, but resourcefulness is a trait that sets you apart from the crowd.

Let us know where to find your new website :-)

Regards
Jay