Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Does anyone else here suffer from..
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=488&mesg_id=489
489, RE: Does anyone else here suffer from..
Posted by Nancy, Wed Dec-13-06 01:56 PM
Hi, Brian. Not only are you not alone, but there's actually a name for this. It's called "paralysis by analysis." Everyone, to some degree, experiences this in one form or another. (With me, it can be writing articles. I'll have several ideas, and have to discipline myself to choose one and just get started.)

You've heard of people "thinking something to death" and that might be what you're doing. With a business, part of it is probably a fear of failure which is only human nature.

You might also feel that a decision to pursue one idea means you're giving up on all of those other great ideas, including some you haven't even thought of yet. That's your "opportunity cost," what you're giving up to pursue a certain path.

As you know, many people have several related businesses. Think about all of your ideas, and look for a common element. Choose and plan for the one that feels like the best fit and is most feasible. And, then, just do it. If you go with something that requires very little investment (other than your time), then making the leap might be easier.

I hope this helps.

Nancy
www.CreateYourMarket.com
Cheap Advertising Ideas