Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectAsking for input on my business idea.....
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4809
4809, Asking for input on my business idea.....
Posted by GIRLinCALI, Mon Apr-16-12 04:04 PM
I am not sure if my idea would be considered an "information broker" or not so here it goes...

I have the ability/knack...of finding resources/benefits in any area of life that many times people just did not know existed. It comes easy for me to find a resource for just about anything out there. For example, I knew a family who could not pay their electric bill and was scheduled to be shut off. I knew of a resource that pays for your bill to prevent it from being shut off one time only. Another example was a family who needed to put their son into a rehab for medication abuse; yet, couldn't afford it, so I shared with them a fabulous program that is donation based and they were able to get their son into it, no cost. Or I know of many, many, totally FREE internet for home computer. Is there a way I can turn this into a home business? Is there such a thing as finding resources for profit? I know it is something I have always been good at. I would love to make a business out of it. Any ideas are welcomed? Thank-you-in-advance,

Crysta Swindell
Independent Business Owner
4817, RE: Asking for input on my business idea.....
Posted by Mary_H_, Thu Apr-19-12 12:12 PM
I don't know how much you could make but it sounds like I could use your services. Just what would you charge a person do asist in finding information. You must have a certain way you would want to be paid.
4866, RE: Asking for input on my business idea.....
Posted by bizdev, Thu Jun-14-12 08:25 AM
This sounds like a really interesting, newer idea. Or at least not saturated.

It could work as a free service. Because it's free it would attract more viewers to your website. And it would constantly be fresh with new questions and resources.

Once you get a good sized following you could get ad revenue (Google ads for example) or sell ad space (sponsorships).