Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectHow to find a mentor for a unique business idea?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4728&mesg_id=4728
4728, How to find a mentor for a unique business idea?
Posted by dross, Tue Oct-11-11 09:29 AM
I have had this idea for a business for awhile but have been kicking around how to get it started. I want to work as a liaison for debtors that have defaulted credit debt they wish to clear up, that don't qualify for bankruptcy but need someone to stand in as their representative and deal with creditors towards a solution.

I do not want to do debt consolidation, I've seen too many people taken for a ride with it and that is one thing that prompted this idea. I have many years legal collection experience and know how to speak professionally to creditors and hope to offer this service to people that just need some help getting their situation taken care of.

However, I am having a hard time finding a mentor or anything that is similar to what I want to do without delving into the whole debt consolidation thing. Frankly, most of those companies are scams and for obvious reasons, I would like to avoid them.

Any thoughts?