Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectWould you be willing to use this service?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4693&mesg_id=4693
4693, Would you be willing to use this service?
Posted by Lisa Vos, Sun Jul-24-11 02:11 PM
I have been a nurse for 23 years, specializing in community health (a "visiting nurse"). It has been my job to go to a client's house, usually after a hospital admission, check on their health problems, do medication and health teaching, call the MD if a problem arises, and coordinate medical equipment and supplies, other therapies, and insurances.
I also have a budding MLM business specializing in nutritional supplements, weight management products, and environmentally responsible cleaning products.
With the current aging population and the current economy, many elderly/ailing individuals are experiencing great challenges in remaining in their homes. Adequate nutrition is one of those challenges. Their families, usually working, often do not know which way to turn to handle the issues.
I am proposing a business where I can go into independent practice, addressing holistically my client, set up care and help families manage, and in the course of doing nutritional teaching recommending my MLM supplements.
There are similar agencies that do this covered by Medicare/Medicaid, but are very limited in their scope. As an independent practitioner, I could also incorporate alternative therapy treatment plans. Most of this would probably be out of pocket for most people, though it might be possible for me to obtain a Medicare billing license for services that are covered under that plan. It would be helpful if people would take my suggestions for the supplements, enabling me to provide care more inexpensively. I also think I can perform these community health nursing services better than I could while working for an agency.

IF YOU HAD NO INSURANCE COVERAGE FOR A VISITING NURSE, WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY FOR THESE SERVICES, AND IF SO, HOW MUCH WOULD YOU BE WILLING TO PAY?
Thanks for the input.

Lisa