Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectNeed ideas for room with a empty pool
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4624
4624, Need ideas for room with a empty pool
Posted by tina b, Tue May-24-11 10:06 PM
My friends have a restaurant, and they had a pool room, where they would have birthday parties in the pool, with another room for pizza and cake that the restaurant made and the gifts. It got too exspensive to keep the pool open, so now they have a big room with an empty pool. I was trying to think of an idea to use that room again for birthday parties. I would buy what was needed, and run the parties for a fee, and they still get the rental and make the food.
Some ideas I had were filling the pool with foam pieces,or doing foam parties, where a machine fills the pool with foam, not sure of the clean up, have to look into that.
Any other ideas for an empty pool room?

Thank you,
Trina
4631, RE: Need ideas for room with a empty pool
Posted by Mensajeanayes, Sat Apr-16-11 02:54 PM
the foam pieces idea is best, have platforms for kids to jump off and flip around into the foam. waivers will definatly be needed.
4633, Deleted message
Posted by kxjing, Mon Apr-25-11 02:19 PM
No message
4637, RE: Need ideas for room with a empty pool
Posted by MikeTL, Wed May-04-11 10:42 AM
As I see it you have two courses of action you can take.

The first is lease the pool space from your friends and rent it out as your own. Maybe enter into an arrangement for coupons with your friends so people who use your pool get a discount on food.

The second is convince them to remove the pool altogether and repurpose the room

Filling the pool with anything other than water, even foam balls, poses a significant safety risk to the users and more than likely would void any insurance policy the owners have. Keep in mind that pools are not flat surfaces but rather they have numerous drains and intakes that could cause significant injury. Modifying the pool itself would cost more than just filling it in if you are doing it to code.

Unless you plan on entering into a landlord / tenant style lease agreement with your friends I would suggest waiting until they decide what they want done with the pool before you go making any plans.
4639, Deleted message
Posted by Felicity, Tue May-10-11 11:15 PM
No message