Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectLooking to start an Elderly companion non-medical, no-nursing care business?
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4551&mesg_id=4551
4551, Looking to start an Elderly companion non-medical, no-nursing care business?
Posted by pauljm112, Sun Nov-14-10 01:10 PM
My thoughts are maybe I could go over to people's houses where they are at the point where they hate the idea of a nursing home and would do anything to avoid it. I would be a ?an assistant for non-ill". That is where I would come in and they would maybe make a list up of tasks (non-personal care or nursing related) I would go in there for an hour or two a few days a week to do the things they are not able to do or would need a hand with. This wouldn't be a strict companion thing and it would not be changing bed pans or helping out with showers. I would assume the thought of using this help so one can state of a nursing home would go a long way and maybe people would pay say $20 an hr and I would start advertising with the local elderly services of nearby towns. I would want them to sign a medical waver stating specifically what I am to do but I have concerns if they drop dead while I am there even with a waiver and with the feasability of this and how to best advertise this and what price to charge? Any thoughts or ideas on this? Thank you!!!