Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Online Wholesale Info Needed
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=452&mesg_id=2080
2080, RE: Online Wholesale Info Needed
Posted by Pepperfire, Tue Feb-19-08 05:45 AM
I don't want to negate Judith's work, with this post. So, Judith, please don't take my comments that way. Your site looks great, very well put together, and hopefully you're getting the traffic you want. (If so, I'll take you up on a referral to your friend Jason -- I'd also like to discuss the traffic you do get in another thread... if that's ok - otherwise, I'll email you off-list).

That said...

We examined Dropshipbusiness.com as a supplier (not as a dropshipper) and had huge concerns that they only advertise in the US. Our largest business (being Canadian) is already in Canada, so there is already brand recognition for us with Canadians. I will note, though, they seem to be offered now in Canada and the UK, but it still states quite clearly on their site that they only advertise in the US. So, if you are looking for International broadcasting, a supplier would want to look at that.

The other big concern we had was that the affiliates were more interested in signing up other affiliates than they were in selling the products. Judith, you seem to have more of an interest in making a success of your shop than in signing up members, but we were concerned that the affiliates signed up to this program's leanings weren't the same as yours.

For those who were interested in drop-shipping our products, putting them up on a website alongside inexpensive dollar store items did nothing to add credibility or quality to our products. Although the icons on the front of dropship-business.com included brand names such as Sony, Nintendo, Black & Decker, etc. the products we saw on the affiliates websites didn't bear witness to that. Instead what we saw, and there is nothing wrong with this, it just didn't work with our products, was a dollar store product list.

I don't want to take away anything from the value of dropship-business.com. Fwiw, what we saw was easy, well put together and inexpensive... But as a supplier, we have to consider the "shelves" on which our product is displayed, and dropship-business.com didn't fit the bill for us.

In fact, most of the dropshipper companies, like this one, stocked their shelves with similar dollar store items.

In order to get the "shelves" we were looking for, we were pretty sure that we would need to get into Commission Junction and they wanted only suppliers who are already selling in excess of $26,000 per month. Now, if I had that kind of sales... I wouldn't need affiliates!

T

Tina Brooks, VP Marketing
Brooks Pepperfire Foods, Inc.
Makers of Peppermaster Hot Sauces
http://www.peppermaster.com

Eat more peppers!