Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectInstead of mailing coupons - why not deliver them in bag to homes - could this work........
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4509&mesg_id=4509
4509, Instead of mailing coupons - why not deliver them in bag to homes - could this work........
Posted by cheryl lynn, Fri Sep-17-10 12:58 PM
I received a packet in the mail today of local businesses with their coupons, about 35 this month. The company charges each business $500 a month - for one time, goes out to about 10,000 homes. I got to thinking why can't I make it better and deliver nice colored plastic bags each month to 1000 homes each month, rotating neighborhoods and hitting all different people for a 6 month contract. And charge them say $95 a month and they supply the coupon to be put int he bag. I think the advantage to this is their message will get to the homeowner personally - as most people will open up a bag and see whats in it versus sending a packet every month that most people just toss out the entire envelope - it is considered junk mail. What do you think? Is that my selling point to the business - its personal, you'd be reaching 6000 people over the 6 months actually for the same price as one month. Thanks, any thoughts would help.