Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectpartner buyout
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=4462
4462, partner buyout
Posted by jaysd1984, Fri Jul-30-10 01:54 PM
hello all, i am new to this website and i was very intrigued by the this concept. so i decided to register and now here i am posting my first problem...
my partner and i have been in business together for the past 6 years. we have a successful restuarant together. he's the cook and i handle all the business aspects of the restuarant. to make long story short..his vision of the future of the business is different from mine. he is content on staying stagnant and keeping "things the way it is" I want to expand and a lot more ambitious than he is. i have decided to buy him out and we both go our seperate ways. our business is a LLC the business is in my name while a few other documents like health inspections are in his.
my question is..once i buy him out. do i need to change any titles or paper work over to my name as a sole proprieter. i am new at this and i am nervous about the whole process of being on my own. but i also feel that it needs to be done