Print this page | Go back to previous topic
Forum nameBiz Ideas
Topic subjectRE: Im looking for that million dollar business idea
Topic URLhttps://www.businessownersideacafe.com/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=103&topic_id=44&mesg_id=45
45, RE: Im looking for that million dollar business idea
Posted by Roseb441702, Fri Aug-18-06 10:46 PM
>Hi everyone.
>Im ready to start an business and have the pasion for it but
>i've been thinking and thinking and cant come up with an good
>idea. I've heard this many times: do what you like and what
>you good at. Well right now it dosent help me. I can be
>inspired if i know it brings me money :) Basicly right now im
>looking for internet type of business because i dont have much
>to invest ($0) but later on if the internet business is
>succesful, i'd hope to expand and rent a place etc. It dosent
>necessary need to be internet business but something that i
>could do at home and part time because im a student. I hope
>that someone could help or partner up with me.
>
>Thank You!

The fastest way to make money is to find a need and fill it. That's why businesses such as starting a daycare or a cleaning business is always recommended because there is always a need for such services.

There was a recent university article on students making "big" money by gambling online so that is something that you may want to look into. (Although its not my kind of thing). Lots of people are making money by using Ebay and you might want to consider that. Either you or people you know may have things that they want to buy and/or sell on Ebay and you could be the middleman. You can always go the "x-rated" route - but that will depend on your tastes and/or inclinations, you could put up a website and charge others to advertise on it..........

You might also want to try and find out if you as a student can get more funding. Is there a scholarship or grant program that you may be eligible for? Have you exhausted your school's financial aid office?

If you don't mind a bit of physical labor you could start a business doing yard work and the like. The guy that does the yard work for a neighbor of mine says he has more business than he can handle! Another job that has been recently talked about a lot is starting a dog-walking service - clearly another example of a service that is in a high demand.

There are lists online about great businesses that one can start so you should look at some of those sites as well - you may get some good ideas.